Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Brandon thought he could fly like Batman if he wore the cape. We had a family camp-out in the family room last weekend. The kids loved it.
It is interesting how fast kids learn to put olives on their fingers. I guess it is just one of those things like putting fingers up your nose.
Grandma and Grandpa (and Kaylee) came to town just in time for Grandparents day at Kathleen's school.
They sang the cutest song for their grandparents.
Grandma won the youngest grandparent award.
When we came home from Kathleen's class, Alyssa was holding the boys and Cody was asleep.
We went to Utah to Jared and Heidi's house. Here the kids are making Indian headbands with what they are thankful for on the feathers.










Hanging at the Plumb's.

Turkey Bowl.




Peanut butter play dough. Heidi is so cute with the kids.



The Thanksgiving feast!

Kathleen is stuffing her face as fast as she can.






We went to visit Marc, Suzy, Emily, and Carter while we were there. Carter was so cute. And it was very fun to watch Kathleen and Emily (the only girl in the world taller than Kathleen) play without Kathleen picking on Emily (she used to bully her a lot when they were little).


Putting up the Christmas tree!










Making snowmen out of paper plates, cotton balls, felt and buttons.








Decorating sugar cookies.

Grandma and Grandpa with all their grand kids.







The candy game has been a family tradition since we were small kids. Now grandpa carries on this tradition every chance he gets with his grand kids.

Brandon took this picture for fun during the candy game.
Grandpa reading the story of Christ in the bible.
We went to tuck in the kids and couldn't find Brandon. Finally, Ryan pointed out that there were two heads in Cody's crib. I guess they needed to snuggle.








Cody got a lot of snuggle time with Grandma this week and loved every minute of it.

Presents under the tree, all ready for the Plumb gift exchange.













And just when you thought we did everything we possibly could in three day, think again. Now we are making gingerbread houses.
When we got home, Kathleen wrapped up her bear in the blanket from Grandma and Grandpa and pretended it was a baby.
Kaylee got us this super fun game that we played all night last night. It's called Don't Break the Ice. I remember playing it when I was a kid.


Thanks to all the Plumb's for making this a memorable Thanksgiving weekend. Especially to Jared, Heidi, and Xander for putting up with all of us. And double especially to Heidi for all her hard work. THANKS!!









5 comments:

Heidi said...

WOW!!! I'm tired just looking at all the stuff we did in three days. Thanks again for ALL your help, and for everything you did while here. It made this weekend SO MUCH easier for me! You guys totally rock!

Jonathan, Ashley, and Family said...

You updated already?! Wow! It was great seeing you this last weekend, hope we can get together again soon!
PS- I copied some of the picutres you posted, thx! :D

Mom/Lisa said...

I can't believe you posted already. Also can't believe Heidi hasn't yet, but I'm sure she's still cleaning up! I loved these pics so much. This was one of the most special weekends of my life. Thanks for all you did to make it happen. And, the sugar free See's is remarkable. Dad's busy hooking up pac-man right now. Thanks so much for letting us stay at your house.

Madsen Family said...

Ang--I think you guys celebrated EVERY Holiday in three days! What crazy fun it must have been. I'm glad you took lots of pictures so we could witness it. I hope you are getting settled again. What are your Christmas plans? Probably just sticking around Bosie, right? Well, wish we could see you soon. Keep on posting!

S.K.N. said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend with lots of activities, thanks for taking time to come and see us.